28th Annual Asian Pacific Heritage Festival in Marin
In celebration of the Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, the Asian American Alliance of Marin (AAAM) hosts the 28th annual Asian Pacific Heritage Festival on Saturday, May 5th, 2018. This free event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Marin YMCA, 1500 Los Gamos Drive in San Rafael.
The event will include a Marin Chinese Cultural Association lion dance, martial arts, tai chi participation, Japanese tea ceremony, qi-gong participation, Korean and Taiko drumming and more.
We want to especially thank our host, the Marin and Novato YMCA, for its generous support and hosting the event for the third consecutive year. We could not have done it without our local partner.
Together, let's celebrate the culture, traditions, and history of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States.
Sat, May 5, 2018 | 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Marin YMCA, 1500 Los Gamos Dr., San Rafael, CA 94903
Entertainment and Educational Events (subject to change):
- 10:00 am | Lion Dance by Marin Chinese Cultural Association Lion Dance Team directed by Ben & Greg Chuck
- 10:30 am | Guang Ping Tai Chi by MCCA - Sifu Fran Wong & MCCA Members
- 10:50 am | The Hula Ladies of the YMCA directed by Nan Watanabe
- 11:05 am | Bay Marin Aikido by Hans Goto & Students
- 11:25 am | Filipino Dance (Tinikling) by Filipino Americans of Northern California Org (FANCO)
- 11:45 am | Yang Tai Chi by Jonathan Purcell & Students
- 12:00 pm | Korean Drumming & Dances by Korean School & Jong Lee
- 12:20 pm | Wild Goose Qigong by Dove Govrin & College of Marin Community Education Students
- 12:40 pm | Indian Dances by Khun Nai Pat
- 12:55 pm | Announcing Winners of Coloring Contest
- 01:00 pm | 10,000 Victories by Scott Jensen and Students
- 01:15 pm | Asian Fashion Show facilitated by Josie Pelletier
- 01:30 pm | Indian Dances by Judy Huang, Chalo Let's Dance
- 01:40 pm | Sonoma County Taiko
- 01:55 pm | Closing Remarks
- Japanese Tea Ceremony (2 sessions: 11am to noon; and 2-3pm) Reserve your ticket now.
- Children's Coloring Contest. Click here for more information.
- Asian American Books Exhibit & Sales
FREE Admission and Parking
Asian Comfort Lunch for Sale:
Korean menu choices (Jap Chae/Noodles; Kimchi Fried Rice; Combo plate of Bulgoki chicken wing, rice, & Jap Chae; Kimchi), water, & soda
Co-sponsored by Marin Chinese Cultural Association (MCCA), Filipino-Americans of Northern California Organization (FANCO), Marin Asian-American Public Local Employees (MAPLE), Marin Vietnamese, Japanese, and Korean American Communities. Hosted locally by Marin and Novato YMCA.